Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surprising Mom

Hello Friends....
If you've had a chance to view the recent video...here's a little blurb to go along with it!
As the video explains, Mom had NO idea I was home from Mexico...it was the perfect chance to sneak up on her and surprise her with....nothing less than an Elvis bobblehead...something NO home should be without...right??!!! lol

Friday morning, April 18, I awoke...my last full day on the ms Oosterdam, ready to book a San Diego hotel where I would stay for a few days before leaving for my next contract in Italy. I got a call from Human Resources, asking when my flight out of the country was scheduled. "I'm not flying out....I'm just planning to stay here till I fly out to Europe, " was my reply.
That set off a string of calls to head office in Seattle, and in the end, we all learned that, due to immigration laws, I had to fly home, even if just to touch Canadian soil, then I could return.

Well....a vacation at home sounded better to me at that point, than sticking around the U.S!
So...long story short, I asked them to just fly me home, and fly me out of Toronto to Italy.

I'm soooo glad how that worked out, because it's given me a chance to spend time with my sis, Angela, and also, to write, direct, produce, and c0-star in the latest flick, "Surprising Mom"...lol

So...Surprising Mom....that was a blast....as were the six days I had back home, most of which I spent crashing at Ang & Ted's...catching up on movies, catching up with my online friends, and even relaxing at my old digs, the church loft (empty till May 1--how convenient was that??!!)

Upon watching the youtube vid, some of you might be wondering ..."Why an Elvis Bobblehead"....??? Glad you asked....
I spend a month in California before my last contract....the bobblehead was my Mom's only request, when I asked what sovenier she wanted me to send home! I did send it to my sister's...thinking I would not be home for another 6 months. Anyway...Hollywood Blvd is now missing one Elvis...he lives on though...with my Mom!! :-)

2 comments:

Angela said...

cool blog sis! :-)

Paul said...

that is way cool!!!